The site is switched over. There are possibly some lingering errors but things look all right. Contrary to what I said earlier, the RSS feeds should redirect such that you don’t have to worry too much about changing your feed subscriptions.
This change happened because I finally decided that Drupal, which I was using before, was just too large and required me to worry about it too much. It also took up way more space than it needed to for what I was using it for. So, being a programming nerd, I decided to write my own… sort of.
I kept hearing about Django and, while I’m not the biggest fan of Python ever, the little bits I’d seen seemed quite nice. I decided that both as a professional development move and also to clean up my cluttered, bloated site, I would rewrite it to use Django instead. This is “sort of” writing it myself because Django is more of a framework to make it really easy to write your own stuff, rather than a full blown CMS that will take care of your kitchen sink for you, like Drupal.
Anyway I’ve been working on this off and on for the last little while and now it’s done. While I was at it I started adding other bits and pieces into the site to make sure it wasn’t hard. Ironically, now that I don’t have a CMS to hold my hand all the way through adding a new page, it’s kind of faster for me to do so.
Anyway, now that this change is out of the way, I need to stop procrastinating on getting back on board with Gruedorf, and posting other miscellaneous things that I have to talk about.